Sunday, July 15, 2007

boyz in da HOOD!!

Yep, you guessed it. I got the hood painted and installed! Granted all might panels are not aligned properly, I think it still looks nice. I will wait to align everything once my doors are installed.

I painted the underside with some rustoleum hammer finish (update pics to follow). Rolled it on and brushed in the tight spots. Hopefully it holds up with my engine heat.

Note to self: While installing a million pound hood that you and your friend are holding up, DO NOT ask your wife if she can help with putting a bolt in and screwing it. She just might lean over and get a cramp right as she gets the bolt in place... thus dropping the bolt down into the engine bay. If you do think you might have to ask your wife for a extra hand make sure you have her warm up first. :)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where did you get the hood from or did it come with the truck? I am looking to find some good parts my e-mail is bigsmoke10@yahoo.com

Victor Salazar said...

my hood is original. you can see it before it was painted in some of my images.